Vaccine Account Manager – Seattle, WA
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19 and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax’ proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies. Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles to address urgent global health needs.
Summary of the Position:
The company seeks a proven and highly experienced Vaccines Account Manager. The role requires consultative selling with strong vaccine experience, as well as entrepreneurial and operational skills who can establish this fast growing and highly successful company to be the market leader.
The Vaccines Account Manager will be fully accountable to their assigned territory responsible for the promotion of Novavax’ COVID 19 vaccine and follow-on portfolio of vaccine products. This includes developing, leading, and executing sales & pull through strategies, plans and initiatives to achieve territory sales objectives, and increasing market share. The Vaccines Account Manager will report to a Regional Business Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage all customer segments as Novavax’s first representative in the US marketplace responsible for the launch of our COVID 19 vaccine and future products. Delivering clinical and operational information in a compliant manner.
- Build effective and trusting customer relationships in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Maintain a proactive and methodical approach toward call objectives (e.g., clear next steps and appropriate documentation, managing to goals and putting customers at the heart of everything we do) and utilizes current digital tools effectively (e.g., Veeva Engage, Teams, WebEx, Microsoft Office).
squickly to new tools for successful customer engagement; leverage sanalytics to assist with developing insights and next best action plans.
- Proactively build and update business plans to address all customer types and opportunities in the territory.
- Explore and develop new relationships, while effectively maintaining existing relationships, with key contacts and opinion leaders across varied customer base, e.g., healthcare systems, physician buying groups, key accounts, key HCPs, and other influential stakeholders.
- Secure business responsibly throughout the territory geography in both public and private sectors.
- Engage and develop strategic partnerships with large customers such as IDNs, Public Health Departments, Physician buying groups, KOLs, and Military/VA to educate health professionals on our products and company resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical
- Buy and bill experience mandatory, vaccine therapeutics experience preferred
- Valid US driver’s license and driving record in compliance with company standards
- Overnight travel will be required
- Documented success in launching products and new market expansion.
- Proven track record of top performance and sales results (Vaccines, Specialty Sales)
- Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, data analytical skills, prioritization, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, engage, influence and support customers throughout the promotional and sales process, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and understanding of external market influencers and trends within assigned geography such as, State immunization policy, VFC, payers, key opinion leaders, Physician Buying Groups, group purchasing organizations, channel partners, professional organizations, and other influential stakeholders).
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity and has ability to work with highly complex issues and adapt approach to maximize impact due to high learning agility and people agility.
- Demonstrate team oriented and cross functional collaboration skills which cultivate relationships based on mutual trust.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.